ELTA supplies secure and reliable products for scientific missions or any other application in harsh environments requiring its expertise in electronics.
These products notably enable stratospheric balloons to be located, controlled, piloted and stopped, during long and short missions, whilst complying with flight regulations in force.
- On-board computer for controlling and piloting the balloon (OBC)
- Operational and scientific telemetry and telecommand systems via:
- Highly efficient solar power systems
- SIREN scientific interface
…to complete systems
Solar Power Module
- Up to 6 solar panels per SPM, or up to 12 solar panels with included diode boards
- Up to 3 accumulators per SPM
- 4 subscriber outputs with flexible ON/OFF control
- Optimized accumulator charge rates, according to temperature and charge history
- Thermal regulation:
- Integrated heater management for each accumulator
- Programmable Thermal Storage Function when accumulators are full
- Integrated heater for the module’s electronics
- Controllable over RS485 interface for TMTC operation
- Six PT1000 temperature measurements for solar panels
- Backup battery for 25 day continued operation of electronics without solar power.
- Solar panel inputs: 8V to 28V, 5A max.
- Accumulator inputs: 10V to 17V, 2A max.
- Accumulator heater resistors: 3.7W at 14V per heater.
- On-board measurements available in TM: Voltage, current and temperature of solar panels, accumulators and subscriber outputs. Heater voltages. Remaining capacity of accumulators.
- Subscriber outputs: 9V to 18V, 2A max. 5A fuse protection on each of the four subscriber outputs.
With its expertise in Digital Signal Processing, ELTA developed the SIREN module during the NOSYCA project, for interfacing scientific experiment equipment with the operational flight systems.
- 2Mbps TM uplink
- 100kbps TC downlink
- PLTU framing for physical TMTC link
- Reed-Solomon forward error correction on both uplink and downlink packets
- Quality of Service rules to assure operational link priority over scientific link
- NOSYCA firewalls to ensure secure separation of operational and scientific links
- Physical RS232 link to On-Board Computer (OBC) for operational TMTC link
- Physical Ethernet link to scientific payload (with optional Wi-Fi module)
- Connects seamlessly to SIREN unit on scientific payload.
- Housekeeping connection with On-Board Computer.
- Flight qualified for operation from polar winter to equatorial summer at up to 45km altitude.
- Weight: 550g
- Dimensions: 150mm x 180mm x 28mm
- Operating voltage: 10 VDC to 16.8V VDC
- Power consumption: 4W
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +70°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +70°C
- Shock and vibration qualified for all phases of balloon flight (launch, separation, landing, transport).
- 11N61624 Wi-Fi module for Wi-Fi communication with SIREN.
With its expertise in radio communication and radio frequency ELTA has developed transmission and reception modems for L-Band frequencies (1.427 to 1.526 GHz) and S-Band (2.025 to 2.2 GHz).
The L-Band transceiver combined with the IRIASI module forms the IRILASI gondola, the on-board element of the IRILASI system.
With the L-Band station, it provides the IRIASI module with the nominal operational link on L-Band.
With its expertise in developing electronics for harsh environments and secure development, ELTA has designed the on-board computer for the NOSYCA system to CNES specifications. The OBC takes care of all the control/command functions of operational gondolas. Its architecture is designed to be upgradeable and secure.